Friday 23 April 2010

Simon Burgess - he can read my thoughts...and then reply!

Not only has Simon Burgess (Lab) out-leafleted our household by a scale of 422:1 (the 'one' was Ben Duncan - Green Party) but I have just had a personal letter from him...with my name spelt correctly an' everythin'.

I returned one of his flyers recently that had a survey on the back asking what my biggest concerns and issues were both locally and nationally. I said climate change (more global than local) and cycling (more national & local than global...although global promotion wouldn't hurt). I know, there are other things to worry about but I thought those a good starting point. The letter I have just received (OK, not technically signed by him, it's an image of his signature, but hey) thanks me for returning the survey and then highlights his stance on environmental issues and cycling.

OK, I'm not so naive as to think that he's dictating this letter to his PA as he's gripping and grinning constituents and sharing a Vimto with Eddie Izzard, I'm sure it's his back room staff, but I'm still impressed.

I'm afraid it rather eclipses Juliet Williams' (LibDem) email (written by Paul Chandler) and Simon Kirby's (Con) (now almost famous) 'HELLO' email.

Right, I'm just going to check outside to see if Simon Burgess is loitering in the street in a trilby hat and false beard taking pictures of our house.

No comments:

Post a Comment