Tuesday 20 April 2010

BNP supporters will be disappointed on polling day. Shame.

So I was in my local (I'll keep the name under wraps) having a pint this weekend and the conversation came round to politics. I know, I know, politics should be avoided in social scenes but it's hard at the moment with election fever sweeping Britain.

There are two characters at the bar who are regulars but I don't personally know them. Anyway, it was as if I'd ignited a firework and shoved it in their trousers/handbag respectively. There was some 'f'-ing and blinding and a proclamation that they were going to vote BNP. The bloke stormed off. I hadn't commented on his target for support, he was just in a tizz. And the woman sloped off shortly afterwards saying, "People misunderstand the BNP."

I don't think so. I understand there's no room in society for racism, therefore for that reason alone (regardless of the host of other reasons) the BNP deserve no support and will ultimately fail.

Anyway, what I didn't get a chance to tell them was that there is no Brighton Kemptown BNP candidate. The next 'closest' candidate is UKIP's James Chamberlain-Webb. Have a look. I'm not sure that he's the image of the crusader for 'white rights' that they might be after. Then again, they've got to find their way to the polling station to vote in the first place so I feel James isn't going to get a boost in support from any disgruntled would-be BNP voters.

[Kind of put me off the pub though.]

No comments:

Post a Comment